Brighton and Hove bus drivers accept pay offer and lift strike threat

Posted On 20 Nov 2014 at 11:42 pm

Bus drivers in Brighton and Hove have accepted a pay offer and called off the threat of strike action.

Brighton and Hove Buses said today (Thursday 20 November): “Following further negotiations with the Unite trade union and reballot of staff, the pay offer has been accepted and therefore the possibility of strike action raised last week has been avoided.”

Martin Harris, the managing director of the bus company, said: “I am very pleased for our staff and for our customers that we have concluded a very satisfactory pay award for all concerned.

“This also enables us to collectively focus our efforts on behalf of our customers, many of whom are experiencing disruption to services due to the widespread impact of the major roadworks at the moment.”

Stoptober

Leave a Reply

*