Cigarette started fire in high-rise block in Brighton

Posted On 12 Sep 2017 at 5:18 pm

A cigarette started the fire on the eighth floor of a high-rise block of flats in Brighton earlier today (Tuesday 12 September).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire investigation by East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has concluded that a cigarette caused a fire in a high-rise building in Brighton.

“We received a report of smoke coming from the block of flats on Albourne Close at 12.31 on (Tuesday) 12 September 2017.

“Six fire engines were sent to the scene along with officers and an aerial ladder platform.

Stoptober

“The building consists of nine floors.

“The fire was on the 8th floor.

“The fire affected the kitchen of one flat.

“Everyone is accounted for.”

  1. Jon page Reply

    Did it have sprinklers? Probably not, nobody cares, it’s not London.

  2. You already know Reply

    #grenfell

Leave a Reply

*