A fifth boy has been arrested over a suspected attempted murder in Patcham using a stolen pick-up truck.
Sussex Police said that the force had set up a dedicated contact point as the investigation continues.
The force said: “A teenager was seriously injured after being hit by a truck opposite the Ladies Mile pub in Warmdene Avenue at about 8.47pm on Saturday 7 October.
“A vehicle described as a black Ford Ranger pick-up truck, with a double cab and an open back, is reported to have run over the pedestrian before turning around and going over him again as his body lay on the floor.
“It then made off from the scene east on Mackie Avenue.
“The victim, a 19-year-old local man, had been walking home with friends when the incident occurred.
“He was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
“No one else was injured.
“A black pick-up truck matching the description of the vehicle involved in the incident was found burnt out at Stanmer Park on Sunday 8 October and recovered by police.
“It had been reported stolen from Rottingdean on Friday 6 October.
“Five youths have now been arrested in connection with the incident.”
The pick-up truck was stolen from Martin Carr, of Balsdean Farm, in Rottingdean.
Limited details of the five boys have been released by Sussex Police. The law prevents news reports from naming them.
- A 17-year-old boy from Brighton was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, theft of a vehicle and theft from a vehicle. He was released without charge for theft from a vehicle and charged with theft of a vehicle to appear at Worthing Youth Court on (Thursday) 9 November. He remains in custody on suspicion of attempted murder, having been recalled on breach of licence conditions.
- A 14-year-old boy from Brighton, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, has been released under investigation.
- A 15-year-old boy from Brighton, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, has been released on bail until (Monday) 6 November.
- Another 15-year-old boy from Brighton, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, theft of a vehicle and theft from a vehicle, has been released on bail until (Tuesday) 7 November.
- A 15-year-old boy from Bromley in London, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and theft from a shop, has been released on bail until (Friday) 10 November.
Detective Inspector Simon Morgan said: “We have set up a dedicated email address for all correspondence related to this investigation.
“Inquiries are ongoing as we continue to establish the full circumstances and anyone with any information is asked to report it to us at email@example.com.
“In particular, we’d like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed a black Ford Ranger, which was dirty in appearance, being driven in the area between the time it was reported stolen on Friday 6 October and the time it was discovered burnt out on Sunday 8 October.
“It is critical that we gather as much evidence as possible as this investigation progresses.”
“You can also report it online or call 101 quoting Operation Morston.”