Two thousand music acts have been whittled down to the best 30 bands and your local RPM boys are in the running – but they need the people of Brighton & Hove and Sussex to cast their votes!!!
Watch and enjoy The RPMs catchy new video HERE – It’s a “banger” of a tune as put by BBC Radio 1’s Huw Stephens, and an “addictive synth-driven indie-pop number!” as Dork put it.
So what’s it all about?
Basically it’s a music talent development programme aimed at giving artists everything they need to break in 2018 and is backed by huge list of industry heavyweights.
● 2,000 artists apply for Pirate Studios talent development programme in only 4 weeks, making it the largest talent development programme in the UK this year.
● Artists are competing for the chance of a lifetime, with everything they need to break in 2018, including unlimited rehearsal, recording, industry mentoring and more.
● 30 artists from across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland now remain to go through to the public vote.
● What makes this programme different is Pirate Studios ethos of being on the side of the artists, waiving the rights to any ownership of the winning acts or their material.
● The programme has been backed by Brit & NME award winner Kate Nash and the teams behind Liam Gallagher, Charli XCX, The Libertines, The Zutons and more.
4 weeks into Pirate Studios ground-breaking Prodigy programme to discover the UK’s top emerging artists, over 2000 acts have applied across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. With the help of their expert industry judges mentors and partners, Pirate Studios have announced their top 30 talented artists that have made it through to the public vote on Monday 9th April (closing 20th April).
The finalists, their tracks and the voting page can be found at here. https://www.piratestudios.co.uk/prodigy/
Unlike some other talent development programmes, Pirate Studios are rightfully looking to give everything back to the artist as part of their continuing ethos of being on the artist’s side. All rights and ownership of any of the winners’ material produced as a result of the competition or before, will be waived by Pirate Studios as they push the artists through the programme towards success.
An expert panel of industry mentors and judges will support, develop and promote the careers of the three winners. Across the programme, artists will receive one-to-one mentoring and masterclasses that cover every aspect needed to help launch a career from management to publishing, A&R to radio-play, song-writing to PR, festival slots, unlimited free use of Pirate Studios “impressive and innovative rehearsal facilities”
(Clash Magazine), studio time with top engineers, free video production, expert branding & marketing advice and more…In short, these artists will be given EVERYTHING they need to take their career to the next level.
A list of bands in the top 30, bio’s and graphics can be found here https://www.piratestudios.co.uk/prodigy/
See RPMs Brighton video HERE.