By Tim Hodges
1) Rivals and detractors will immediately change the club tag-line to ‘One Club League One ambition’ .
2) A large percentage of the current 20000 plus season ticket holders may go back supporting Manchester United and Chelsea on Sky Sports
3) Big name signings such as Wayne Bridge , Vicente Rodriguez, Tomasz Kuszczak and Darren Bent will be much harder to attract. Albion will again look to ageing and sometimes overweight star’s of yesteryear in the twilight of their careers .
4) The remaining season ticket holders will at least get some extra matches in the form of the Johnstones Paint Trophy and rounds 1 & 2 of the FA Cup. The ‘paint pot’ can expect to receive the lowest ever Amex attendance.
5) American Express may consider their ongoing shirt and stadium sponsorship. The management at the financial giant like many others will have expected Albion to be in the Premier League by now .
6) Gus Poyet is likely to voice his opinion as to why the foundations of a promotion push built around a brilliant squad in 2013 have crumbled so alarmingly and so quickly.
7 The much talked about Amex Hotel could conceivably be marketed to cater for entire away followings in the third tier. Around 150 is the average most League One teams ‘take away ‘
8) We could see the birth of a Sussex Derby.
Crawley’s recent resurgence paves the way for the first ever League meeting between the clubs . Albion won the only previous competitive fixture between the clubs 5-0. An FA Cup 3rd Round Tie back in 1992.
Meeting on a level footing would be incredibly sobering for Albion fans.
9) Southern Trains , Brighton & Hove Buses and Sing Li chip shop might change their match day services . Southern already under match day strain won’t want to run as many shuttle trains for as much as half of the current attendance . The same applies to the buses. And Sing Li may choose not to stay open later in Guildford Road by Brighton Station post match after an evening game. (A major concern for me)
10) Albion’s collection of celebrity fans including Daniel Ryan, David Dimbleby , former boxer Scott Welch, and Welsh Pirates Of the Caribbean actor Stephen Spiers all spotted at the Amex recently , may not fancy a match at home to Fleetwood Town or Scunthorpe United.
11) A few ex players with a point to prove may get a chance to prove it next season . Dean Cox , Billy Paynter , Yasir Kasim , Chris Birchill and Andrew Whing could all return to Brighton with their current clubs.
12) Most worryingly the current breed of young Albion fans who walk around town wearing their Seagulls shirts and accessories, may be lost for yet another generation .
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.