A missing boy has been found safe, Sussex Police said.
Earlier in the week, police said that they had launched an “urgent” search for a Brighton teenager who had gone missing.
Diaa Balal, 17, from Woodingdean, had last been seen in Brighton on Friday 8 May.
Sussex Police said: “We can confirm that previously missing Diaa has been safely located in Hampshire.
“It follows an appeal issued on Sunday 17 May to help find the 17-year-old.
“Officers have thanked the public for their help to ensure Diaa was found.”
Earlier in the week, the force said: “We are continuing our urgent search for Diaa who is missing from Brighton.
“Diaa is 5ft 10in and has a scar on his upper lip. He was last seen wearing a navy blue Under Armour tracksuit.
“We’re concerned for his welfare.
“Anyone who sees Diaa or who has any information of his whereabouts is urged to call 999 immediately and quote serial 1220 of 12/05.”
Police said that Diaa also had links to Hampshire and had recently travelled to Bournemouth.








