A serial shoplifter from Brighton has been jailed after a four-month spree during which he stole food, drink and medicines worth more than £750.
Daniel Ejeta, 45, of Buckingham Place, Brighton, was jailed for 20 weeks at Brighton Magistrates’ Court after pleading guilty to eight counts of shoplifting.
The sentence was passed, the bench said, because the offences were so serious and because of the Ejeta’s previous history.
He was caught stealing
- champagne and spirits worth £365 from Sainsbury’s in New England Street, Brighton, on Friday 11 April
- milk, cereal, rice, orange juice, Nivea moisturisers and herbal shampoo worth £27.54 from the Co-op in Dyke Road, Hove, on Sunday 11 May
- rice, orange juice and topside pork joints worth £21.42 from the Co-op in Dyke Road, Hove, on Thursday 15 May
- six jars of coffee, 24 packets of medication and energy drinks worth £100 form the Co-op in Western Road, Hove, on Monday 26 May
- four bottles of Hardy’s wine worth £48 from One Stop in Nevill Road, Hove, on Sunday 13 July
- medication from One Stop in Nevill Road, Hove, on Tuesday 22 July
- eight jars of coffee and 24 packets of Nurofen worth £184 from One Stop in Nevill Road, Hove, on Sunday 10 August
- eight packets of Lemsip Max capsules worth £28.72 from One Stop in Nevill Road, Hove, on Saturday 16 August
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.