Brighton and Hove Albion will offer new deals to four of the club’s promotion-winning squad who are out of contract.
David Stockdale, Gaetan Bong, Steve Sidwell and Niki Maenpaa’s existing contracts end on Thursday 30 June. They have all been offered a new deal.
And midfielder Richie Towell’s contract has been extended until 2019 after promotion to the Premier League.
Manager Chris Hughton said: “I’m sure this won’t come as a major surprise to most people and we hope the four players we have offered new contracts will be with us next season for our first season in the Premier League.”
Two players are being released – Vegard Forren, who joined Albion in early March as defensive cover, and Chris O’Grady, who spent the season on loan with Burton Albion.
Hughton said: “As is always the way at this time of year, we are also saying farewell to some players.
“I’d like to thank Chris for his professionalism and hard work during my time as manager and again wish him well for the future.
“That also goes for Vegard, who has been with us as defensive cover for the past two months.
“Seb Pocognoli, Fikayo Tomori and Chuba Akpom have also enjoyed successful loan spells with us and made significant contributions to our season.”
Pocognoli, Tomori and Akpom have now returned to their parent clubs – West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.
Meanwhile, third-choice goalkeeper Casper Ankergren, who last season made one appearance for Albion in the FA Cup and one as an overage player in the EFL Trophy against Leyton Orient, will be offered a new backroom role with the club.
The Dane, who joined the club in 2010, will combine training, coaching and scouting duties under the guidance of Albion’s goalkeeping coach Ben Roberts.
Dale Stephens, who would also have been out of contract at the end of June, agreed a new four-year contract at the start of last week.