City households have been left without recycling collections for more than a week because of a combination of faulty recycling trucks and staff sickness.
Areas affected include Hanover, Preston Park, Patcham, central Hove, Seven Dials and the North Laine. Although the city council says most of the backlog has been collected, residents are continuing to report rubbish piling up on Twitter.
A council spokesman said: “There were some vehicle issues – and that this impacted our ability to collect the recycling on the correct day last week
“All backlog work has now been collected except for part of Hanover which is due this Thursday and will be collected then
“There are no issues this week and all collections are currently operating normally.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.