• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
20 May, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Three asylum-seekers raped woman on Brighton beach, jury told

by Frank le Duc
Tuesday 17 Mar, 2026 at 2:41PM
A A
3
Paedophile doctor found guilty of abusing boy, 8, from Hove

Hove Crown Court

Three asylum-seekers raped a woman on Brighton beach, with one of them filming the attack, a jury was told at Hove Crown Court this morning (Tuesday 17 March).

The woman had become separated from her friends after a girls’ night out and Hanna Llewellyn-Waters, prosecuting, said: “She was visibly highly intoxicated.

“Instead of offering her help or even just leaving her be, these defendants targeted her. And that targeting was not founded in goodwill or bonhomie.

“It was cynical, predatory and callous. Frankly, to these defendants, she was meat and there to be used … and that’s what they did.

“They wanted sex … with someone who was in no state to resist them. And it’s the prosecution case that, with the clubs and the bars closing, they alighted on her precisely because of the state that she was in.

“She was taken away from the relative safety of the main drag along the seafront and on to the beach … behind a beach shack which obscured the view. She was put on the ground and raped repeatedly.”

The three defendants are Abdulla Amih Ahmadi, 26, an Iranian, from Wistaston Road, Crewe, and two Egyptian men, Karin Al-Danasurt, 20, of Sandygate Lane, Lower Beeding, and Ibrahim Alshafe, 25, from Horsham.

All three deny raping the woman, who is in her thirties, early on Saturday 4 October last year.

Miss Llewellyn-Waters said that Al-Danasurt admitted filming what was happening because he knew that it was rape but said that he didn’t have sex with her.

She said: “Mr Al-Danasurt himself in his police interview recognised that she was unable to even stand without support.”

Mr Alshafe told the police that he wasn’t even there.

Mr Ahmadi said that the woman had sex with all three men, that she initiated it and was fully conscious and consenting throughout.

Miss Llewellyn-Waters told the jury that all three defendants knew each other at the time of the alleged offences.

They were all residents at the Cisswood House Hotel, in Lower Beeding, which was Home Office-approved accommodation for asylum-seekers.

Alshafe and Ahmadi both arrived in Britain on a small boat on Thursday 19 June last year, three months before the alleged rapes. Al-Danasurt entered the country on Friday 11 October 2024, the court was told.

All three men deny rape and Al-Danasurt denies sharing the footage.

The trial continues.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 3

  1. Notagain! says:
    2 months ago

    Get used to it! There will be more in the city of sanctuary!

    Reply
  2. Lorraine Hylton says:
    2 months ago

    There are no words for this disgusting act by these so called men who came here to seek asylum…. WHERE’S OUR SAFETY…WHERE DO WE, THE WOMEN AND GIRLS OF THIS COUNTRY, SEEK ASYLUM FROM THESE ANIMALS THAT ARE GIVEN SAFETY HERE???!!!!

    Reply
  3. Notagain! says:
    2 months ago

    Unfortunately there is nowhere for you to go Lorraine! These are the consequences we have to put up with because of the suicidal empathy of the people who welcomed these third world parasites!
    We had plenty of our own scum to deal with without inviting men from backwards stone age cultures to this country.
    Women and girls need to be very aware and careful now especially around foreign men. I hope that all good British men will also look out for these predators and respond accordingly!

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Facelift planned for shop which has been empty for five years

Roadworks crew left tar and rubble piled up against old flint wall

1,500 homes without water

Man charged with raping woman on Brighton beach

Where should new homes be built in Brighton and Hove?

Developer plans 12-storey block of co-living flats

Three asylum-seekers raped woman on Brighton beach, jury told

Two men appear in court charged with murder in Brighton

Smoky saunas get up neighbours’ noses

Controversial plaque commemorating slave owner removed

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
PREVIEW: The Covetousness  – Brighton Fringe

REVIEW: Jinkun Chinese Arts’ The Covetousness and Chunxiang’s Schoolroom Prank

19 May 2026
Ballet Central hits Brighton

Ballet Central hits Brighton

19 May 2026
Olly Alexander, Goodbye To Berlin, Charleston Festival, Monday 25th May 2026

Olly Alexander Explore Christopher Isherwood

19 May 2026
Irvine Welsh Men In Love, Charleston Festival, May 23rd

Irvine Welsh updates Trainspotting

19 May 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain gods smile as Sussex draw with Somerset at Taunton

by Richard Latham - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
18 May 2026
0

Somerset 526-8 dec (128.4 overs) Sussex 253 (71.1 overs) and 113-7 (57.4 overs) Somerset (15 points) drew with Sussex (10...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Sussex hang on as Somerset match heads for a draw

by Richard Latham - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
17 May 2026
0

Somerset 526-8 dec (128.4 overs) Sussex 236-8 (69.1 overs) Sussex (1 point) trail Somerset (6 points) by 290 runs with...

Brighton and Hove Albion thwarted by last-gasp goal at Leeds

Brighton and Hove Albion thwarted by last-gasp goal at Leeds

by Mark Tiro
17 May 2026
0

Leeds United 1 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Dominic Calvert-Lewin struck a stoppage-time winner as Leeds dealt Brighton’s hopes of...

One change as Brighton and Hove Albion face Leeds United

One change as Brighton and Hove Albion face Leeds United

by Frank le Duc
17 May 2026
0

As Brighton and Hove Albion face Leeds United, Seagulls head coach Fabian Hürzeler has made one change to the side...

Load More
March 2026
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
« Feb   Apr »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Sussex Police detective inspector denies child sex offences and perverting justice 19 May 2026
  • Child rapist jailed for 13 years 19 May 2026
  • Prolific shoplifter jailed after she stole goods worth £2k 18 May 2026
  • Man charged with murder 17 May 2026
  • Woman found dead and man held on suspicion of murder 15 May 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News