Hove man burns his legs after starting fire with petrol

Posted On 24 Apr 2011 at 11:50 pm

A Hove man suffered burns to his legs after using petrol to set rubbish alight in the garden of his home on the Knoll Estate.

The man, 55, was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton after the incident in Wilfrid Road, Hove, at lunchtime today (Sunday 24 April).

The incident comes just days after an Eastbourne man suffered burns while washing oil off his hands with petrol at his kitchen sink when his wife’s cigarette set the fumes on fire.

Crews from East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service dealt with a second incident in Hove shortly afterwards today when a man fell asleep while cooking some lunch.

Firefighters woke the 35-year-old man and rescued him from his smoke-filled flat in Eaton Manor, between The Drive and Eaton Gardens.

Paramedics from South East Coast Ambulance Service treated the man for the effects of breathing in smoke.

  1. Vodka Man Reply

    I can’t hold my hand up to this one, though I think we may have gone to the same school for the gifted!

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.