About 30 schools across Brighton and Hove will be closed or partially closed by strike action on Thursday, according to the latest update from Brighton and Hove City Council.
The strike is over changes to teachers’ pensions which will mean they have to pay more in while getting less out, in part because they will have to retire later.
The list below is not exhaustive with schools such as Portslade Community College and Longhill also expected to be affected.
Not all schools have formally notified the council yet that they are to close or partially close. The council’s list includes the following
Secondary schools and sixth forms
- Blatchington Mill
- Dorothy Stringer
- Hove Park (both sites)
- Patcham High
Primary, infant and junior schools
- Balfour Junior and Infant
- Hangleton Junior
- Hertford Junior
- Queen’s Park
- St Andrew’s
- St Bartholomew’s
- St Bernadette’s
- St Martin’s
- St Nicolas Junior – partial closure, contact school for details
- St Peter’s Infant – partial closure, contact school for details
- West Blatchington
- West Hove Infant and Junior – partial closure, contact school for details
- Cedar Centre
- Downs Park
- Downs View
- Patcham House
- Tarnerland nursery – partial closure, contact Tarnerland nursery for details
The council is expected to update the list which can also be found by clicking here.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.