A Brighton woman suffered serious injuries to her face in an attack in Hove early this morning (Sunday 26 August).
The 25-year-old victim was attacked n New Church Road, Hove, just after 1am.
She had been working at an address in New Church Road before the attack and was found in the road in a distressed state by neighbours.
She is being treated for serious but not life threatening injuries at the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton.
Sussex Police said that officers wanted to find a 34-year-old man called Obert Ngwenya, also known as Obert Moyo, so that they could ask him about the incident.
They said that Ngwenya has been living in Brighton but has links to Littlehampton.
He was described as a black man, about 5ft 7in tall, of proportionate build and with short cropped black hair.
Detective Inspector Mark Cullimore said: “The victim and the man we are seeking, whose photograph we are releasing today, are known to each other.
“We believe her injuries were caused between the address where she was working and the street.
“Anyone who sees him, or who knows where he might be, is asked to contact us immediately via 999.
“Please do not approach him yourself. Just get in touch with us at once.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.