Washing machine incident prompts warning from Brighton firefighters

Posted On 16 Oct 2012 at 5:00 pm

Brighton firefighters tackled a smouldering washing machine, disconnecting it and taking it outside a woman’s home in Hollingbury.

They spoke today (Tuesday 16 October) about the danger of not being present while a washing machine is on.

Two East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews were called out shortly before 10am on Friday (12 October) to an address in Hollingbury Road, Brighton.

Because the woman spotted the smoke coming from the machine, she was able to call the fire service promptly.

The property was made safe within minutes of her call.

A fire service spokesman urged people “to use their washing machine in the daytime when at home, as opposed to at night”.

 

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.