Brighton man rescued from kitchen fire

Posted On 22 Jul 2013 at 8:16 am

A Brighton man was brought to safety from his basement flat after a pan caught fire in his kitchen.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service gave the man oxygen to treat him for the effects of breathing in smoke until a South East Coast Ambulance Service crew arrived.

Two fire crews from Preston Circus and another from Roedean in Brighton were sent to the flats in Islingword Street just before 11.20pm last night (Sunday 21 July).

They were alerted to the blaze by a call from Sussex Police.

The fireman put out the blaze within minutes and left the scene about 20 minutes after arriving.

 

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.