More than 30 schools across Brighton and Hove have said that they will be closed next Thursday (17 October) because of the teachers strike.
The strike has been called by the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers (NASUWT).
They object to the dismantling the national pay system, in particular, the introduction of performance-related pay.
They are opposed to the prospect of a longer school day and a longer school year.
And they say that Education Secretary Michael Gove is also damaging their pensions so that teachers will have to work longer, pay more and receive less.
In Brighton and Hove the following schools have said that they will be closed when the strike takes place next Thursday.
- Brighton Aldridge Community Academy (BACA)
- Dorothy Stringer High School
- Longhill High School
- Patcham High School
Special schools and pupil referral unit
- Brighton and Hove Pupil Referral Unit
- Downs Park
- Downs View Special School
- Hillside School
- Patcham House Special School
- The Cedar Centre
Primary schools including infant and junior schools
- Benfield Primary School
- Bevendean Primary School
- Brackenbury Primary School
- Carlton Hill Primary School
- Hangleton Infant School
- Hangleton Junior School
- Hertford Junior School
- Patcham Infant School
- Patcham Junior School
- Queen’s Park Primary School
- Rudyard Kipling Primary School
- St Andrew’s CE Primary School
- St Bartholomew’s CE Primary School
- St Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School
- St John the Baptist RC School
- St Mark’s CE Primary School
- St Martin’s CE Primary School
- St Nicolas CE Junior School
- Stanford Junior School
- West Blatchington Primary
- West Hove Junior School
- Woodingdean Primary School
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.