Firefighters tackle tumble dryer blaze in Brighton

Posted On 11 Sep 2014 at 10:55 am

Fire crews put out a fire when a tumble dryer caught alight in Brighton yesterday evening (Wednesday 10 September).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that the call-out came at just after 6.50pm.

The fire service said: “Crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended an address in Upper North Street.

“There was smoke in the building and an alarm was sounding.

“Firefighters used CO2 on a tumble dryer and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan to clear the smoke.

“There are no reports of injuries.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.