Kitchen fire in Brighton flat

Posted On 22 Sep 2014 at 8:03 am

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire in Prince’s Crescent in Brighton at 1am this morning.

Crews from Preston Circus and Hove attended the address where a fire had broken out in a first floor kitchen.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire. They then used an industrial fan to clear the smoke.

There were no reports of injuries. The fire was accidental.

The fire service has issued this advice to avoid a kitchen fire in your home

  • take pans off the heat or turn the heat down if you’re called away from the cooker, eg, by a phone call
  • take care if you’re wearing loose clothing as it can catch fire easily
  • don’t cook if you have been drinking alcohol or taken prescription drugs – you may get drowsy or lose concentration

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.