Shop fridge blamed for Saltdean fire

Posted On 01 Oct 2014 at 9:59 am

A shop’s fridge has been blamed for a fire in premises in Saltdean last night (Tuesday 30 September) which left a man needing treatment for choking.

The fire had filled the shop with smoke when East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service responding to a 999 call at about 8.20pm.

The fire service said: “City crews responded to reports of smoke coming from a property in Lustrells Vale, Saltdean.

“The building consisted of a commercial shop on the ground floor and a domestic premise above. A fire was found on the ground floor involving a refrigerator.

“Crews used two breathing apparatus and CO2 to extinguish the fire.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to disperse the smoke.

“An ambulance attended for one male suffering smoke inhalation.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.