1) Bobby Zamora – the prodigal son. Zamora will be out of contract with QPR from Tuesday and is known to want to return to his spiritual home. The striker voted the greatest ever Albion player has been supposedly spotted in Lancing at various times in the past week.
2) Tomasz Kuszczak – the former Albion keeper has been recently released by Wolves. The one-time Polish international left Albion in 2014 and received a warm reception when returning in March this year with Wolves.
3) Joey Barton – also released by QPR. Barton would give Albion an extra bite in midfield. The controversial former England man was once linked with a move to Fleetwood Town so a drop to the Championship might not be too far out of the question.
4) Stephen Ward – although not out of contract, Ward had a tough time at Burnley last season making only nine appearances. The Irish international full back scored four times for Albion in 2013-14 while on a season-long loan from Wolves. Albion were willing to pay a fee to Wolves for Ward last year and probably would be again.
5) Didier Drogba – remember Bobby Smith? Drogba left Chelsea in May and is known to want to develop a coaching role. The prospect of Zamora and Drogba up front would have Albion fans queuing to Lewes Road Sainsbury’s for match tickets.