Animal welfare officers from Brighton and Hove City Council have issued advice and a warning to dog owners in readiness for the predicted heatwave.
- Never leave your dog in the car, even with a window open
- Welfare officers take a “zero tolerance” approach and will not hesitate to get the dog out
- Avoid taking your dog out in the middle of the day – change your routine if necessary
- Remember hot pavements can burn dogs’ paws
- During the hottest part of the day keep your dog indoors with plenty of water
- Never leave your dog shut in a conservatory – they can become as hot as cars
Anyone concerned about a dog in a car is asked call the Animal Welfare Team on 01273 294266.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.