1) Bobby Zamora scoring his first goal in Brighton for over 12 years. And running to celebrate to a packed north stand behind the goal – something all concerned have waited 15 years and a half years to enjoy.
2) The match not kicking off until 7.48pm as we enjoyed or endured an extended Ring of Fire.
3) Referee Iain Williamson having the apparent eyesite of a superhero. Mr Williamson gave a free kick against Bobby Zamora (yes, him again) when Zamora was goal-side of his marker Luke Ayling just outside the centre circle. The official blew his whistle from inside the Albion penalty area, some 60 yards away without intervention of his linesman. The ref also booked City’s Luke Freeman for appearing to trip over Uwe Hünemeier’s leg.
4) Chris Hughton showing all the fired up passion you’d expect as he “referred” a number of late decisions to the fourth official – at one point almost chasing him down the tunnel.
5) Match sponsor Northgates, a construction company from West Sussex, selecting the hard-working and sometimes unsung Bruno Saltor as man of the match when they could have easily chosen David Stockdale, Sam Baldock or you know who!