1) Glenn Murray’s 8th Premier League goal of the season and the 5th time he has notched the first goal of the game at the Amex.
2) Summer signings not adapting to the Premier League ? Yves Bissouma, Florin Andone, Leon Balogun and Bernardo all had a superb match. Bissouma and Andone especially, showing why Albion were so determined to sign them.
3) Referee Kevin Friend realising it was no ordinary match and calling over both captains at least twice, to explain he was in charge and for both sets of players to calm down. Good refereeing.
4) Shane Duffy’s red card – impetuous, unnecessary and ultimately costly. The Irishman will have to do more than just walk straight back into the team ,if Leon Balogun’s performance is anything to go by.
5) A statisticians dream! After it was identified this was the first Premier League match in history that two substitutes had both scored in the first half.
6) Pascal Gross so unlucky to be substituted after Duffy’s sending off stopped from waking straight down the tunnel by backroom staff and was able to celebrate Balogun’s goal from the bench.
7) Ex Palace Hero Mark Bright being held back with everyone else, from exiting the Mayo Wynne Baxter lounge, and not too keen to interact with anyone.
8) All the blinds in the lounges of the West Stand being quickly pulled down,as Palace fans were kettled to Falmer Station
9) Chris Hughton’s emphatic reaction to Balogun’s goal and his almost disbelief , as with everyone else, at Andone’s
10) Albion beating Palace with just 10 men on the pitch and going up to tenth in the Premier League.