• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
22 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home 999

More pictures from Brighton and Hove Pride 2011

by Frank le Duc
Sunday 14 Aug, 2011 at 10:57PM
A A
0
Pictures by Bob Prosser

Parts of Brighton were still dancing well into this evening as Pride partying continued.

More than 50 floats took part in the main parade yesterday (Saturday 13 August) and, despite the showers earlier in the day, the sun came out.

For the first time thousands paid to party in Preston Park behind 15ft fencing.

Those who couldn’t or wouldn’t pay, or who fancied playing elsewhere, ensured that St James’s Street was full much earlier than usual.

And they partied on the beaches and in assorted side streets as unofficial gatherings savoured the occasion.

Sussex Police said that a total of 32 people were arrested during the weekend in direct relation to Pride and that 13 noise abatement notices had been served.

Superintendent Tony Blaker said: “People attended the city in their thousands and we saw a very successful parade through the city centre and party in Preston Park.

“The village street party celebrations in St James’s Street remained in good spirits even though large numbers of people gathered there from early in the day.

“The vast majority of people who attended the main celebrations in the city had a wonderful day and evening and caused no problems.

“However, we were prepared for the increase in visitors and our officers worked hard throughout the weekend to resolve any issues of concern.

“By 3.30am most of the clubs in West Street had closed as per usual and officers policing the night-time economy managed the rest of city as they would on a normal Saturday night.

“I am really pleased that our messages about unauthorised outdoor events including raves not being tolerated were listened to.

“There were a number of noise issues which required police attendance and a total of 13 noise abatement notices were served at a variety of pubs, clubs and public spaces.

“Our colleagues at British Transport Police reported no problems at the stations when people were leaving the city.

“Finally I would like to thank all officers, staff and partner agencies who worked hard to make Pride 2011 a successful event.

“And thanks also to those members of the public who showed great support for the officers and staff marching in the parade and for engaging with officers and staff at the Sussex Police stand in Preston Park.

“Also, thanks for all the messages of concern from wellwishers for the injured officer who sustained a broken leg while making an arrest.”

Mr Blaker said that the 32 arrests over the weekend were on suspicion of committing the following offences

  • 8 robbery (one incident)
  • 4 being drunk and disorderly
  • 7 breaching public order
  • 5 having or dealing drugs
  • 1 criminal damage
  • 4 assaults
  • 1 having an offensive weapon
  • 1 drink-driving
  • 1 wanted on a warrant

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Man left injured after being attacked by café in park

Fire safety breaches leave Brighton landlord with £11k bill

Western Road to close for more than a month for rebuilding

Two Brighton and Hove homeless charities given government funding boost

More pictures from Brighton and Hove Pride 2011

Labour picks candidate for Queen’s Park by-election

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

by PA sport staff
20 August 2026
0

Tromso 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Brighton and Hove Albion had to settle for a goalless draw from the...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain proves leveller as Sussex face Warwickshire at Edgbaston – Day one report

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
20 August 2026
0

Sussex 99-3 (30.3 overs) Warwickshire yet to bat Title-chasers Warwickshire and Sussex fought out a fascinating sliver of play on...

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

by Frank le Duc
15 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Bologna 0 The Seagulls can fly to Norway for their Europa Conference League play-off against...

Load More
August 2011
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
« Jul   Sep »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
  • Golf teacher rapist given 21-year sentence 17 August 2026
  • Woman suffers potentially life-changing injuries in crash 15 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News