Fire crews tackle blaze in Portslade

Posted On 08 Nov 2011 at 8:20 pm

Firefighters put out a kitchen fire in Portslade yesterday lunchtime (Monday 7 November).

One person was treated by paramedics for the effects of breathing in smoke.

The fire started when overcooked food caught fire while being heated in a microwave oven.

Three crews from Brighton and Hove were sent to tackle the fire at about 1.20pm in Windlesham Close, Portslade.

A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that the fire caused minimal damage to the property.

Steve Wright, head of community safety, said: “Please do not leave any cooking unattended because you could not only be putting your lives in danger but others as well.

“This type of call-out is surprisingly common and many are still unaware of how dangerous it is to leave cooking unattended.”

  1. Vodkaman Reply

    Not me!

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.