Sussex Police said that detectives are no longer investigating a claim by a woman that she was sexually assaulted last month.
The attack was said to have taken place as a 36-year-old Lewes woman walked along Temple Street into Montpelier Place, Brighton, at about 7am on Sunday 23 October.
A police spokesman said: “Officers take any allegation of this nature very seriously and considerable time and resources were employed to investigate this allegation.
“Through police investigations and from speaking to the alleged victim it has now come to light that no assault took place.
“We would like to thank the members of the public who assisted us in our investigation.”
Police are speaking with the woman involved in relation to the report.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.