Firefighters have urged people to take care while cooking after they had to tackle an oven fire in Brighton at the weekend.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Brighton and Hove put out the fire at a property in Highfield Crescent, Patcham.
They were called out at about 3.20pm on Saturday (12 November).
A spokesman said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and quickly got the fire under control with the use of one hose reel jet.
“We would like to remind residents to always take care while cooking as food can easily catch fire.
“Residents are also urged not to leave any cooking unattended as this could be putting lives in danger.”
The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.