Man rescued from kitchen fire in Hove

Posted On 07 Feb 2012 at 3:02 am

Firefighters rescued a man from a property in Hove early yesterday after a blaze started in the kitchen.

They led the occupant to safety in the early hours of the morning (Monday 6 February) from the building in Church Road, Hove. He did not suffer any serious injuries.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews – one from Preston Circus in Brighton and the other from Roedean.

They were called to deal with the fire, which started by accident, just after midnight and stayed until shortly after 12.40am. Paramedics from South East Coast Ambulance Service were also on hand.

Spacewords Brighton

The fire service said: “A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to blow smoke from the building and firefighters will subsequently be carrying out a home safety visit at the home.”

  1. Vodka Man Reply

    Still not me!

Leave a Reply to Vodka Man Cancel reply


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.