Fire at Hove hospital

Posted On 08 May 2013 at 9:18 am

An overheated boiler caused a fire at Hove’s newest hospital.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service sent two fire engines and the aerial ladder platform to tackle the blaze at the Montefiore Hospital on Bank Holiday Monday (6 May).

The three crews reached the hospital, at the junction of Montefiore Road and Davigdor Road, shortly before 6.30pm and spent about an hour putting out the fire.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “No one was injured and the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.”

The £34 million hospital, owned by Spire Healthcare, opened last November in the old Legal and General building which was originally the Hanningtons furniture depository.

 

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.