Brighton man faces jury trial over child sex abuse pictures and videos

Posted On 27 Nov 2014 at 9:55 pm

A Brighton man has been sent for trial charged with having more than 7,500 pictures of children being sexually abused.

Spencer Gorringe, 42, of Ringmer Drive, Brighton, is also accused of having two child porn videos.

Some of the images were described as being category A – or the most serious type.

The charges were set out at Brighton Magistrates’ Court last Thursday (20 November) by the Crown Prosecution Service.

One of the charges said that Gorringe “made one indecent still image of a child of category A which depicted a female aged 12 to 13 years with grey tape stuck over her mouth while she was wearing black underwear and her arms and legs were tied together behind her back with white rope”.

Spencer Gorringe

Spencer Gorringe

Another showed a child who was about seven years old being raped.

One close up picture depicted a baby being sexually abused and another charge accused Gorringe of making “1,076 indecent still images of children of category A which depicted images involving penetrative sexual activity between adults and children, sexual activity with children and animals or sadistic images of children”.

Further charges related to 1,309 category B images of children and 5,178 category C pictures.

The two videos involved girls who were seven years old or younger.

And he had “two extreme pornographic images which portrayed, in an explicit and realistic way, a female person performing an act of intercourse with an animal, namely a horse, and which was grossly offensive, disgusting or otherwise of an obscene character”, the CPS said.

Gorringe has been remanded on conditional bail to appear at Lewes Crown Court on Thursday 18 December.

The conditions include staying at his Moulsecoomb address and not contacting the girl victim who is the subject of at least one of the 13 charges.

He is also banned from seeking or staying in the company of any child under 18 years old unless social workers give their approval after having carried out a risk assessment.

Gorringe has also been banned from having, using or viewing any computer and from using the internet unless “it is part of a legitimate business or in a public library”.

He was barred from using or registering any email address or account without having prior approval or from using or interfering with his email and social media accounts.

Gorringe denies the charges which allege that the offences took place between July 2008 and August last year.

  1. Steven Reply

    Hi I was just wondering is there a update on this

  2. Lorraine Reply

    Is there any updates on this pleae

  3. Steven Reply

    Hi can you please tell me if he has been sentenced

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.