• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
23 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Hove pizza restaurant to close

by PA report
Tuesday 5 May, 2026 at 2:55PM
A A
3
Hove pizza restaurant to close

A Hove pizza restaurant will close after Franco Manca after a restructuring plan was approved by creditors.

The Hove branch in Church Road is one of 16 being shut down by the pizza chain. Its Brighton branch in Regent Street is not on the list.

Last month, parent firm The Fulham Shore said it planned to shut the sites as part of a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) process, which will also hit around 225 jobs.

The pizza brand currently runs 70 restaurants prior to the closures but said it has been knocked by “disproportionately high” UK taxes and a lack of business rates relief for restaurants.

The effected restaurants were “no longer sustainable” as a result.

Franco Manca’s CVA proposal received back from more than 90% of voting creditors, allowing it to get the go ahead.

Last week, Fulham Shore placed its sister restaurant brand The Real Greek into administration.

It was immediately snapped up by Cote owner Karali Group but announced the close of nine of its 28 restaurants.

Marcel Khan, chief executive of Fulham Shore, said: “We are grateful for the support shown by our creditors today.

“Franco Manca is a fantastic brand with a strong heritage and loyal customer base.

“With this agreement in place, we will put the business back on a firm footing and press ahead with strengthening our customer offer and performance.”

Paul Berkovi, managing director of Alvarez & Marsal, said: “Today’s vote saw a significant majority of the company’s creditors support the CVA, reflecting constructive engagement across stakeholders.

“Against a challenging backdrop for the sector, this is an important step for Franco Manca, enabling the business to complete its financial restructuring and secure the platform for its operational transformation.”

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Comments 3

  1. Tracy Ward says:
    4 months ago

    As per my previous comment this Labour government is a disgrace for heaping charges onto small businesses and failing to legislate against utility companies turning into racketeers in a cost of living crisis to boast the highest profits they’ve ever had. This government has been a kick in the teeth to hard working individuals and families from start to finish. Where too are the local Chamber of Commerce who used to defend small businesses vigorously and are now deafeningly silent as small businesses close all around them, unsupported?

    To think all these restaurants operate in MP Peter Kyle’s neck of the woods – Secretary of State for Business and Trade and President of the Board of Trade. Shameful.

    Reply
  2. Christopher Hawtree says:
    4 months ago

    The app was needlessly obscure and the music obtrusive. Puts off repeat business.

    Reply
  3. Tote Maleko says:
    4 months ago

    Shame, the freehold is owned by the notorious Abdulkhani family. No one wants Emad, Foad and their cronies back, Barcode was a nightmare for local residents!

    Reply

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Jury convicts man of raping 14-year-old girl

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Hove pizza restaurant to close

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Brighton given £1.3m to get rough sleepers off streets this winter

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being pulled from the sea with sister and parents

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Labour picks candidate for Queen’s Park by-election

Firefighters urge people to avoid dangerous aerosol trend

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Sussex beaten by Warwickshire in three-day thriller

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
22 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 207 (61.5 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3) and 206-9 (53.1 overs) Warwickshire (19 points) beat Sussex...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

High drama as Sussex and Warwickshire end day two finely poised

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
21 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 84-3 (23 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3 overs) Sussex (3 points) lead Warwickshire (3 points) by...

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

by PA sport staff
20 August 2026
0

Tromso 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Brighton and Hove Albion had to settle for a goalless draw from the...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Rain proves leveller as Sussex face Warwickshire at Edgbaston – Day one report

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
20 August 2026
0

Sussex 99-3 (30.3 overs) Warwickshire yet to bat Title-chasers Warwickshire and Sussex fought out a fascinating sliver of play on...

Load More
May 2026
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Apr   Jun »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Motorcyclist injured in crash with car 22 August 2026
  • Fourth member of family pulled from water in Shoreham dies 21 August 2026
  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Online child abuser given 13-year sentence 19 August 2026
  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News