Firefighters were sent to tackle two blazes in Brighton yesterday (Sunday 4 January).
Two men needed medical treatment for the effects of breathing in smoke after a fire broke out in an oven in Grand Parade Mews.
The men were given oxygen therapy after the emergency services were called shortly after 5.30pm.
Earlier, just after noon, they were sent to Carden Avenue in Brighton to reports of a chimney fire.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that the blaze was out by the time they arrived.
It was one of three chimney fires across the county yesterday, prompting a reminder from fire safety chiefs to keep them clean.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.