Fire crews tackle tumble dryer blaze in Hove

Posted On 02 Feb 2015 at 5:45 pm

A tumble dryer caught fire at a property in Hove late last night (Sunday 1 February).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that fire crews were called to reports of fire alarms sounding and the smell of smoke at a property in Hove at about 11.20pm.

Crews from Hove went to the property in Westbourne Villas, between New Church Road and Kingsway, the A259 seafront road.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus found a small fire in the kitchen area which they tackled using a hose reel jet.

The fire was in a tumble dryer, the fire service said, adding that the cause was accidental.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.