Tumble dryer fire ‘destroys’ Saltdean bungalow

Posted On 12 Mar 2015 at 9:12 am

A man suffered smoke inhalation after his tumble dryer caught fire and spread to the roof at his bungalow in Saltdean.

Longridge Avenue was closed to traffic while the blaze was contained. The home is reportedly gutted, but neighbours are said to have rallied round to help the man.

A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said it was called at 7.43pm last night: “Crews from Roedean, Newhaven and Preston Circus attended an address on Longridge Avenue.

“One man was found to have suffered smoke inhalation.

“The fire was affecting the roof of the bungalow and a section 15 metres by 20 metres was ablaze.

“Two main jets, ladders and two breathing apparatus were used by crews to put out the fire.”

 

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.