Cat rescued from smokelogged Hove flat

Posted On 27 Nov 2015 at 8:23 pm

Firefighters rescued a cat from a smoke-filled flat in Hove this morning (Friday 27 November).

Fire crews were called to tackle a blaze in the kitchen of a third-floor flat in Dallington Road just aftr 10.15am.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “A third-floor flat was smoke logged due to a kitchen fire.

“Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to tackle the fire.

The Spearhead

“A cat was rescued.”

Later, just after 3pm, the fire service said that crews were called to a car fire in Coldean, adding: “Crews attended Beatty Avenue, in Coldean, Brighton, where a Toyota was alight.

“They used one hose reel to put out the fire.

“The fire was accidental.”

Leave a Reply


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.