Fire crews in Brighton and Hove had a busy day yesterday (Monday 16 May) with one casualty having to be treated after breathing in smoke.
The casualty was looked after when four fire engines from Preston Circus, in Brighton, and Lewes were sent to Blackman Street, in Brighton, following reports of a small fire in a flat just before 5pm.
Earlier, at lunchtime, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that firefighters were called to reports of tumble dryer fire at property on Western Road, Brighton. Firefighters used breathing apparatus and CO2 to put out the blaze.
Just before 4.30pm two appliances were sent to Homeridge House, in Longridge Avenue, Saltdean, Brighton, after reports of a cooker fire. It turned out to be burnt toast.
And just before 6.30pm Hove firefighters were called out to Chalky Road, Portslade, to deal with a small deliberate fire in the open, which was put out by the crew.
At 10pm two fire engines were sent from Newhaven to Cissbury Avenue, in Peacehaven, after reports that a campervan was alight.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with two hose reels and 1-in-7 foam. Two bungalows next to the burning campervan were affected by the fire.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.