• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
19 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton

Brighton Zip Wire submits plans to council

by Frank le Duc
Monday 13 Jun, 2016 at 9:34PM
A A
0
Brighton Zip Wire submits plans to council

The plans for the Brighton Zip Wire have been submitted to Brighton and Hove City Council, the attraction’s agent said today (Monday 13 June).

The new attraction is intended as a replacement for the Brighton Wheel which closed and was taken down last month.

Property firm Stiles Harold Williams (SHW) said: “The building of the Brighton Zip Wire attraction to replace the Brighton Wheel took a step forward this week as a new planning application was lodged with the city council and is currently out to consultation.”

SHW described the proposed Brighton Zip Wire as an adrenaline-filled 300-metre long, 20-metre descent along the seafront aimed at attracting tourists and thrill-seekers all year round.

zipwire

SHW said: “The planned £1.7 million site – to be designed by Jon Turner Architects – includes a new café space and the Zip Tower would only be half the height of the Brighton Wheel.”

The firm added that the initial opening of the ride could take place later this summer with the café under construction soon after.

SHW’s head of planning Ian Coomber, who is acting as the planning consultant for the Brighton Zip, said: “We are thrilled to be involved in a further exciting project for this stretch of the seafront.

“The area to the east of Brighton Pier is in need of regeneration and Brighton Zip has the potential to provide jobs, joy and a jazzed up promenade.

“Alongside those eager to visit the i360, Brighton Zip will generate significant revenue and broaden the appeal of the tourism offer or the city.

“It is a suitable replacement for the much-loved Brighton Wheel that has sadly needed to vacate the site.”

Delso Da Silva, from the Brighton Zip, said: “Local businesses and many residents were saddened by the loss of the Brighton Wheel.

“Visually it has been very noticeable on this stretch of seafront which is not without its problems.

“The Brighton Zip and Café offers a replacement family seafront attraction that is fresh to the city and never been done before.

“We hope the application is supported and planning consent granted with the minimum of delay as the overall loss of visitor attractions along the beach of late does not assist the tourism economy of Brighton.”

The application reference number is BH2016/01719. For a link to the application, click here.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Western Road to close for more than a month for rebuilding

Couple and teen daughter die after getting into trouble in the sea

Huge response after four get in trouble in sea by Shoreham

Cognac, coins and comics seized by police investigating troubled property company

Brighton Zip Wire submits plans to council

Brighton Wheel could be back by next summer

Girl fights for her life after three family members die in sea incident

Free family art space opens in North Laine

Brighton campaigner on trial over Hamas ‘support’ posts

Ward councillors weigh in on row over communal bins

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

More Brighton bands play at largest punk festival – ‘Rebellion’ Day Three Report

15 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

Former Brighton and Hove Albion manager dies aged 84

by Frank le Duc
18 August 2026
0

The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mike Bailey has died at the age of 84. Bailey was in charge...

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

Hinshelwood goal gives Brighton and Hove Albion victory over Bologna

by Frank le Duc
15 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Bologna 0 The Seagulls can fly to Norway for their Europa Conference League play-off against...

Gomez and Welbeck score as Brighton and Hove Albion do double over Nottingham Forest

Midfielder signs extended deal with Brighton and Hove Albion

by Frank le Duc
14 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion have agreed a new five-year contract with versatile midfielder Diego Gomez. The Paraguay international joined Albion...

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger joins Leicester City on loan

by Frank le Duc
13 August 2026
0

Another Brighton and Hove Albion winger has joined Leicester City on loan as 18-year-old Harry Howell links up at the...

Load More
June 2016
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  
« May   Jul »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
  • Smashed! Burger boss jailed for 10 years for drug dealing 18 August 2026
  • Golf teacher rapist given 21-year sentence 17 August 2026
  • Woman suffers potentially life-changing injuries in crash 15 August 2026
  • Sex offender jailed for having more extreme porn 14 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News