Brighton man treated for choking on fumes after flat catches fire

Posted On 13 Feb 2017 at 12:25 pm

A Brighton man was treated for choking on fumes after a flat caught fire in Bevendean yesterday evening (Sunday 12 February).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 6.35pm yesterday two Brighton appliances were sent to Leybourne Close, in Brighton, after smoke was seen emitting from the ground floor of a property.

“One man suffered from smoke inhalation and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire with one hose reel jet.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the building.

“The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.”

Later crews dealt with a flood and another fire. The fire service said: “At 9.41pm Brighton firefighters were sent to Hamilton Road, in Brighton, where they isolated both the electrics and the water supply.

“At 11.13pm three appliances from Brighton and Hove were sent to Church Road, in Hove, after smoke was seen emitting from a property due to an accidental tumble dryer fire. Crews used one hose reel jet to tackle the fire.”

Leave a Reply


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.