A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a third floor flat in Whitehawk this afternoon.
⚠️ Due to a fire in Whitehawk Way all #BH1 and #BH1A services are diverted between Whitehawk Garage and Swanborough Drive. Buses will operate via Marlow Road, Wilson Avenue and Vines Cross Road in both directions. ⚠️
— B&H Buses (@BrightonHoveBus) May 10, 2019
Buses were diverted while firefighters tackled the blaze in Whitehawk Road.
A spokeswoman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “We were called at 16.02 to Whitehawk Road in Brighton following reports of a fire.
“The fire was in a third floor flat.
“Two fire engines were sent to the scene. They used breathing apparatus and ventilated the flat.
“One man was treated with oxygen for smoke inhalation.
“The fire was accidental.”