1) Is it possible that the well-publicised incident with Bernardo prior to the Southampton match was contributory to Andone leaving?
2) If the Romanian international hadn’t been sent off against Southampton, would any of this have happened?
3) Can Aaron Connolly, who has now played just 34 minutes of Premier League football, step up to be one of just three recognised out-and-out strikers alongside Glenn Murray and Neal Maupay? The remaining three now have one Premier League goal between them this season.
4) Where will the goals come from if the strikers don’t fire? Leandro Trossard? A fit-again Jose Izquierdo or Yves Bissouma? Or can Steve Alzate really also step up to the Premier League without so much as a League appearance since joining from League 2 Leyton Orient?
5) Did Andone fulfil his potential? He was certainly positive pre season and after Watford. His goal against Palace last season will never be forgotten. The Albion are a big club now but can they afford to loan out £19 million worth of strikers (including Jurgen Locadia) in just over a week? Most other clubs retain their front men as squad members, especially those who are proven goal- scorers.