• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
24 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Brighton and Hove Albion

Brighton and Hove Albion will not take risks with star striker’s fitness, says Hürzeler

by Ed Elliot - PA
Saturday 21 Sep, 2024 at 12:27PM
A A
0
Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion’s women team dismissed after allegations

Brighton and Hove Albion will not take risks with the fitness of star striker Joao Pedro, head coach Fabian Hürzeler said.

The Albion boss added that he was confident that other members of his squad would chip in with goals.

Seagulls forward Pedro missed the 0-0 draw at home to newly promoted Ipswich Town last weekend and is being assessed before Albion host Nottingham Forest at the Amex tomorrow (Sunday 22 September).

The 22-year-old, who sustained an injury on international duty with Brazil earlier this month, contributed 20 goals in all competitions last season and has already hit two in three games this term.

Yesterday, Hürzeler said: “He will train today with the team and then we have to see how it’s going – if he can train fully, if he can do all the movements.

“Of course, we won’t take any risks but he will be part of the training today.”

Pedro was the only Brighton player to reach double figures in front of goal last season after his £30 million move from Watford.

After the frustrating stalemate against the Tractor Boys, a much-changed Albion side had no trouble finding the net during the 3-2 Carabao Cup win over Wolverhampton Wanderers on Wednesday (18 September).

Carlos Baleba and Ferdi Kadioglu claimed their first goals for the club, either side of Simon Adingra’s third strike this campaign.

Hürzeler said: “It would be easy as a coach to say we miss Joao Pedro and if Joao Pedro would have played against Ipswich we would have won but it’s not my way of working or my philosophy.

“It’s very important that not only we know but also the opponent knows that we have several players with the ability to score, with the ability to make the difference.

“Every team in the Premier League has this key player, this player who makes a difference, and in our way it’s Joao Pedro. But we also have other great players who can make the difference.

“We have (Kaoru) Mitoma. He can make the difference. Simon can make the difference. (Yankuba) Minteh can make the difference. Danny Welbeck already scored.

“We have now Georginio Rutter. We have Evan Ferguson. We have young players in the midfield like Carlos and Yasin (Ayari). They all have the ability to score.

“We have to make them score. We have to help that they increase their percentage of making assists, of making goals – and that’s our job, to develop them and to make a team who is not only fixed on one player.”

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Jury convicts man of raping 14-year-old girl

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Brighton and Hove Albion will not take risks with star striker’s fitness, says Hürzeler

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Brighton given £1.3m to get rough sleepers off streets this winter

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Constance Marten given permission to appeal against her sentence

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being pulled from the sea with sister and parents

Brighton and Hove Albion host Aston Villa in Premier League opener

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Brighton and Hove Albion rout Aston Villa in opening game

Brighton and Hove Albion rout Aston Villa in opening game

by Edward Elliot - PA
23 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion 4 Aston Villa 0 Jack Hinshelwood struck twice in two first-half minutes as a rampant Brighton...

Brighton and Hove Albion host Aston Villa in Premier League opener

Brighton and Hove Albion host Aston Villa in Premier League opener

by Frank le Duc
23 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion are preparing to host Aston Villa in their opening fixture of the Premier League season this...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Sussex beaten by Warwickshire in three-day thriller

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
22 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 207 (61.5 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3) and 206-9 (53.1 overs) Warwickshire (19 points) beat Sussex...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

High drama as Sussex and Warwickshire end day two finely poised

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
21 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 84-3 (23 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3 overs) Sussex (3 points) lead Warwickshire (3 points) by...

Load More
September 2024
M T W T F S S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  
« Aug   Oct »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Drug line controller jailed for seven years 23 August 2026
  • Motorcyclist injured in crash with car 22 August 2026
  • Fourth member of family pulled from water in Shoreham dies 21 August 2026
  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Online child abuser given 13-year sentence 19 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News