• About
    • Ethics policy
    • Privacy Policy
    • Ownership, funding and corrections
    • Complaints procedure
    • Terms & Conditions
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
Brighton and Hove News
23 August, 2026
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Opinion
    • Community
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
    • Food and Drink
  • Sport
    • Brighton and Hove Albion
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Brighton and Hove News
No Result
View All Result
Home Arts and Culture

Live events cancelled at Hotel Pelirocco following noise complaint

by Jo Wadsworth
Wednesday 15 May, 2019 at 11:07AM
A A
0
‘Conspiracy’ in Brighton?

Cockwomble live at Hotel Pelirocco, Brighton 04.04.19 (pic Ian Bourn / Scene Sussex)

Cockwomble live at Hotel Pelirocco in April this year (pic Ian Bourn / Scene Sussex)

A Brighton boutique hotel which claims to be England’s most rock n roll has pulled all public live events following a noise complaint.

Hotel Pelirocco in Regency Square has been hosting gigs and other performances for many years without incident.

But a noise complaint earlier this year led to council officers investigating – and discovering that the events were being put on in breach of its licence, which only allows it to serve people staying at the hotel and personal guests of the management or residents.

Manager Mark Gibson said: “For the foreseeable future, we are not going to be holding events for the general public due to licensing issues.

“We can’t serve the general public. The only people who can be served are residents or those who have received a personal invitation.

“We’ve been holding events for quite a while but unfortunately going forward for the foreseeable future we won’t be.

“Pelirocco is working with the council and our neighbours to ensure that all licensing conditions and all public considerations are upheld. The hotel will be making applications for events in the future that fulfil these obligations.”

A council spokeswoman said: “Following complaints of noise and a possible breach of licensing conditions, officers investigated the situation.

“It was clear the premises was open to the public for events, who were not guests of residents and operating beyond permitted hours.

“We wrote to Hotel Pelirocco about the breach of conditions and noise. It was Hotel Pelirocco’s choice to cancel all events as a response to this.

“Officers have since met with them to give advice about the future use of the licence.”

The current Licence includes the condition that “full entry to the general public will be through a strict policy that allows only individuals that are guests of residents or known to the management and specifically invited”.

Support quality, independent, local journalism that matters. Donate here.
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most read

Jury convicts man of raping 14-year-old girl

Former Sussex Police officer faced sack for ‘catalogue of lies’

Council asks private operators to bid to run seafront paddling pool

Live events cancelled at Hotel Pelirocco following noise complaint

Drug line controller jailed for seven years

Brighton given £1.3m to get rough sleepers off streets this winter

Girl, 6, dies in hospital after being pulled from the sea with sister and parents

Flash flooding hits Brighton as drought ends

Firefighters urge people to avoid dangerous aerosol trend

Labour picks candidate for Queen’s Park by-election

Newsletter

Arts and Culture

  • All
  • Music
  • Theatre
  • Food and Drink
US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

US synthwave outfit The Black Queen to open 10th anniversary tour in Brighton

20 August 2026
Daltons put on another classic night of live music

Daltons put on another classic night of live music

17 August 2026
Queer Bloomsbury, Charleston Farmhouse, 15th August 2026

Queer Bloomsbury flourishes

16 August 2026
‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

‘Rebellion Festival’ – Day Four Report

16 August 2026
Load More

Sport

  • All
  • Brighton and Hove Albion
  • Cricket
Brighton and Hove Albion host Aston Villa in Premier League opener

Brighton and Hove Albion host Aston Villa in Premier League opener

by Frank le Duc
23 August 2026
0

Brighton and Hove Albion are preparing to host Aston Villa in their opening fixture of the Premier League season this...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

Sussex beaten by Warwickshire in three-day thriller

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
22 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 207 (61.5 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3) and 206-9 (53.1 overs) Warwickshire (19 points) beat Sussex...

Bruce on the Boundary – Robinson ready to take the next step

High drama as Sussex and Warwickshire end day two finely poised

by Brian Halford - ECB Reporters Network supported by Rothesay
21 August 2026
0

Sussex 156 (47.4 overs) and 84-3 (23 overs) Warwickshire 161 (47.3 overs) Sussex (3 points) lead Warwickshire (3 points) by...

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

Brighton and Hove Albion held by Tromso in Conference League

by PA sport staff
20 August 2026
0

Tromso 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Brighton and Hove Albion had to settle for a goalless draw from the...

Load More
May 2019
M T W T F S S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
« Apr   Jun »

RSS From Sussex News

  • Motorcyclist injured in crash with car 22 August 2026
  • Fourth member of family pulled from water in Shoreham dies 21 August 2026
  • Jury clears police officer of causing serious injury when driving 20 August 2026
  • Online child abuser given 13-year sentence 19 August 2026
  • Fears for four people in trouble in the sea near harbour 18 August 2026
ADVERTISEMENT
  • About
  • Contact
  • Support
  • Newsletter
  • Privacy
  • Complaints
  • Ownership, funding and corrections
  • Ethics
  • T&C

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News

No Result
View All Result
  • News
    • Opinion
  • Arts and Culture
    • Music
    • Theatre
  • Sport
    • Cricket
  • Newsletter
  • Public notices
  • Advertise
  • About
  • Contact

© 2023 Brighton and Hove News