Firefighters tackled a blaze in Lansdowne Street in the Brunswick area of Hove early yesterday evening (Tuesday 20 March).
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Hove and Preston Circus, Brighton, to the four-storey building at about 5.45pm.
The aerial ladder platform was dispatched although when the crews arrived it became clear that the fire was in the basement flat.
The source of the fire turned out to be an electrical appliance in the bedroom of the basement flat.
The fire service said: “At the height of the incident, four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets were used.”
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.