logo Ten thousand free tickets are being made available for Brighton and Hove Olympic Relay Celebration at Hove Cricket Ground.
Thirteen venues across Brighton and Hove are giving away the tickets from 11am today (Wednesday 13 June) for the event on Monday 16 July.
Brighton and Hove City Council said that up to four tickets a household are being given out on a first come first served basis.
All tickets are for standing on the pitch and tickets cannot be reserved. Anyone applying for tickets must be over 18 and all children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
The council said that tickets are required for everyone attending including children of all ages.
They are available from
- Portslade Sports Centre in Chalky Road, Portslade 01273 411100
- The Deans Leisure Centre in Falmer Road, Rottingdean 01273 391683
- King Alfred Leisure Centre in Kingsway, Hove 01273 290290
- Withdean Sports Centre in Tongdean Lane, Brighton 01273 542100
- Stanley Deason Leisure Centre in Wilson Avenue, Brighton 01273 694281
- Prince Regent Swimming Complex in Church Street, Brighton 01273 685692
- Moulsecoomb Community Leisure Centre in Moulsecoomb Way, Brighton 01273 622266
- Brighton Centre Box Office in King’s Road, Brighton 0844 847 1515
- Hove Town Hall in Norton Road, Hove 01273 292905
- Lavender Street Housing Office in Kemp Town, Brighton 01273 293260
- Oxford Street Housing Office Oxford Street, Brighton 01273 293230
- Selsfield Drive Housing Office in Moulsecoomb, Brighton 01273 293171
- Victoria Road Housing Office in Victoria Road, Portslade 01273 293377
The event will mark the arrival of the Olympic torch with gates opening at 4pm. The show starts at 5pm and is due to finish at about 7.30pm.
Among the performers will be Rizzle Kicks. The pop pair, who went to school in Brighton and Hove, are due to play a 15-minute set.
Other local performers include the Carousel Choir and the Brighton and Hove Youth Big Band.
Leave a Reply