A man died after being hit by a train between Brighton and Worthing this morning (Wednesday 31 July).
Several trains were cancelled and passengers were offered a replacement bus service after the incident at East Worthing.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to East Worthing Station on Wednesday 31 July after a report that a man had been struck by a train.
“Officers from BTP and Sussex Police attended the incident which was reported to BTP at 6am and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Medics from the South East Coast Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.
“The line was handed back to Network Rail at 7.33am.”
Southern, the main operator of trains from Brighton to Hove, Portslade, Fishersgate, Southwick and stations in Worthing, said that services were due to return to normal by about 11am.
LIKE WHAT WE DO? HELP US TO DO MORE OF IT BY DONATING HERE.