Dryer catches fire in Brighton garage

Posted On 15 Nov 2013 at 5:38 pm

A dryer caught alight in a garage in Brighton, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said.

Crews from Preston Circus were called out to reports of a dryer alight in Surrenden Road, Brighton.

The fire service said that the machine was in the garage attached to the house.

A spokesman said: “Two breathing apparatus, a thermal imaging camera and one hose reel jet were used, along with a fan to help clear the smoke.”

The fire which was reported shortly after 5pm on Wednesday (13 November) was deemed to have started accidentally.

  1. Leah Nealgrove Reply

    My Beko condenser dryer, also kept in the garage, did the self same thing on Sunday 10th! Had the brilliant firefighters from roedean station out but luckily my fiancé had managed to put the fire out by the time they got here. They checked all the electrics over and reassured us the fire was out properly and electrics were all fine. Just a dodgy tumble dryer unfortunately.

  2. Leah Nealgrove Reply

    My Beko condenser dryer, also kept in the garage, did the self same thing on Sunday 10th! Had the brilliant firefighters from roedean station out but luckily my fiancé had managed to put the fire out by the time they got here. They checked all the electrics over and reassured us the fire was out properly and electrics were all fine. Just a dodgy tumble dryer unfortunately.

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.