A man suspected of raping a teenager in Hove last month has been arrested after his picture was published by Sussex Police.
The force said that a 23-year-old man had been arrested, adding: “He was detained on suspicion of rape and sexual assault and later released on police bail until (Wednesday) 5 March while inquiries continue.”
The 18-year-old victim reported being attacked in Portland Road, Hove, on Saturday 23 November after a night out in Brighton.
Sussex Police said earlier this week that the attack happened in an alleyway alongside a tattoo shop after a man pushed the victim against a wall.
The force said that she pushed her attacker away but he pushed her to the ground, pinned her down and tried to rape her.
He was disturbed by a noise and the 18-year-old woman managed to escape and run off.