Firefighters rescue woman from smokelogged home in Brighton

Posted On 19 Apr 2014 at 8:30 pm

Firefighters rescued a woman from a smokelogged home in Brighton after a chimney accidentally caught alight.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Preston Circus in Brighton were called out to reports of a chimney fire just after 3pm on Thursday (17 April).

Smoke was coming out of a property in Argyle Road, which is a few streets from the fire station.

The fire service said: “On arrival, firefighters found the property in Argyle Road heavily smokelogged.

“They used breathing apparatus to enter.

“One woman was rescued from inside.

“The fire was accidental.”

  1. Vodkaman Reply

    Definitely not me!

  2. Vodkaman Reply

    Definitely not me!

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.