Firefighters rescue Brighton man from blazing flat

Posted On 05 Jun 2014 at 7:07 am

Firefighters rescued a Brighton man from a fire in a first floor flat in the early hours of this morning (Thursday 5 June).

They gave him first aid after bringing him out of the smokelogged building.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that it received a 999 call at 1.40am to in Robert Lodge in Manor, Place, Whitehawk.

He fire service said: “A fire was reported in a first floor flat of a four floor building.

“A man was rescued by firefighters, who gave him first aid.

“Crews used six breathing apparatus while tackling the fire.

“Hose reels, a main jet and the thermal imaging camera were also used.

“The man was left in the care of South East Coast Ambulance Service crews.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.