Brighton flat fire was accidental

Posted On 19 Jun 2014 at 12:13 pm

Firefighters put out a fire in a top floor flat in Brighton yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 18 June).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Roedean and Preston Circus in Brighton and from Hove were sent to tackle the blaze in Grafton Street in Kemp Town.

The call-out came just after 5.45pm.

The fire service said: “The fire was in a top floor flat of a building consisting of three floors and a basement.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the building.

“Two hose reel jets were used to put the fire out and a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan was used to clear smoke.

“All persons were account for.

“The fire was accidental.”

Leave a Reply

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.